Surge Protectors in Grants Pass, Oregon
Give us a call today at 541-476-3211 to schedule your service, repair, or estimate.
Living in Grants Pass also means dealing with the occasional thunderstorm, which can pose a threat to your home’s electrical system. That’s where surge protectors come in. Rogue Valley Heating & Air offers surge protectors in Grants Pass, Oregon
We offer a wide range of surge protectors designed to keep your sensitive electronics safe during lightning storms. Our surge protection systems are designed to divert excess voltage away from your home, preventing damage to your appliances and electronics.
What Is Surge Protection?
Surge protection is a crucial aspect of any home’s electrical system. It involves the installation of devices that protect your appliances and electronics from voltage spikes caused by lightning strikes or power surges. These voltage spikes can damage your sensitive electronics, leading to costly repairs or replacements.
At Rogue Valley Heating & Air, we offer a wide range of lightning protection systems to safeguard your home. Our surge protectors act as a first line of defense, diverting excess voltage away from your home and grounding it safely. With our surge protection systems, you can rest easy knowing that your sensitive electronics are protected from the damaging effects of lightning strikes.
Surge protectors, also known as surge suppressors, are devices that protect your electrical equipment from voltage spikes. They work by diverting excess voltage away from your appliances and electronics, ensuring they receive only the voltage they need to operate safely. Surge protectors are typically installed at the main electrical panel or at individual outlets to provide protection throughout your home.
Grounding is an essential component of any surge protection system. It involves creating a direct path for electrical current to flow safely into the ground. This is achieved by connecting the surge protector to a good ground, such as a copper or aluminum ground rod. Grounding ensures that excess voltage is safely discharged, preventing damage to your appliances and electronics.
Lightning rods, also known as air terminals, are an integral part of a complete lightning protection system. They are designed to attract lightning strikes and provide a path of least resistance for the lightning discharge. By attracting lightning strikes away from your home, lightning rods help prevent structural damage and protect your sensitive electronics from the damaging effects of lightning.
Meshed conductors are another important component of a complete lightning protection system. They are installed on the roof of your home and create a network of conductive paths to ground. Meshed conductors help distribute the electrical current from a lightning strike evenly across the roof, reducing the risk of damage to your home and electronics.
What Does Surge Protection Include? Our Installation Process
- Surge Protectors: These devices are installed at the main electrical panel or individual outlets to protect your appliances and electronics from voltage spikes.
- Grounding: We ensure that your surge protection system is properly grounded to provide a safe path for excess voltage to flow into the ground.
- Lightning Rods: We install air terminals on your roof to attract lightning strikes and provide a path of least resistance for the lightning discharge.
- Meshed Conductors: We install meshed conductors on your roof to distribute the electrical current from a lightning strike evenly across the roof.
What Are the Benefits of Surge Protection?
- Protects Sensitive Electronics: Surge protection systems safeguard your sensitive electronics, such as computers and televisions, from damage caused by voltage spikes.
- Prevents Costly Repairs: By diverting excess voltage away from your appliances and electronics, surge protectors help prevent costly repairs or replacements.
- Ensures Safety: Surge protection systems reduce the risk of electrical fires caused by voltage spikes, keeping your home and family safe.
- Increases Lifespan of Appliances: By providing a consistent and safe voltage supply, surge protectors help extend the lifespan of your appliances and electronics.
- Peace of Mind: With a surge protection system in place, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your home’s electrical system is protected during thunderstorms.
How to Choose the Right Surge Protection System
Choosing the right surge protection system for your home can be a daunting task. Here are a few factors to consider:
- Lightning Protection System Design: Look for a surge protection system that is designed to work seamlessly with a complete lightning protection system.
- Good Ground: Ensure that the surge protector is properly grounded to provide a safe path for excess voltage to flow into the ground.
- Surge Protection Devices: Consider the type of surge protection devices offered. Look for devices that are designed to handle the specific needs of your home.
- Installation of Lightning Protection Systems: Choose a company that specializes in the installation of lightning protection systems and has a proven track record of success.
- Strike Termination Devices: Consider the use of strike termination devices, such as lightning rods, to attract lightning strikes away from your home.
Frequently Asked Questions About Surge Protectors
Do surge protectors prevent lightning strikes? No, surge protectors do not prevent lightning strikes. However, they protect your appliances and electronics from the damaging effects of voltage spikes caused by lightning strikes.
Are surge protectors the same as power strips? No, surge protectors and power strips are not the same. While power strips provide additional outlets, surge protectors are specifically designed to protect your electronics from voltage spikes.
How long do surge protectors last? Surge protectors have a limited lifespan and should be replaced every few years to ensure they are still providing adequate protection.
Can I install surge protectors myself? It is recommended to hire a professional to install surge protectors to ensure they are properly installed and grounded.
Do surge protectors work for all types of electronics? Surge protectors are suitable for most electronics. However, it is important to choose surge protectors that can handle the specific needs of your devices.
Surge Protection Installation Near You
Protect your home with a safe, efficient surge protector system from Rogue Valley Heating & Air. Fill out our online form or call to schedule a visit and get an estimate on a lightning protection system in Grants Pass, Oregon. We look forward to hearing from you.
Give us a call today at 541-476-3211 to schedule your service or repairs.
"*" indicates required fields